Updating your home can be an expensive process, not to mention a daunting one if you’re not sure where to begin looking for inspiration. In this post we’ll help you overcome these two common interior design hurdles, and hopefully inspire you to get creative with your home!
There are loads of great places to go to online for design inspiration, but one of our personal favourites is Shpock – the boot sale app for beautiful things. Using an image based interface it is easy to scroll through an Aladdin’s cave of vintage sideboards, quirky objet d’art and upcycled furniture to name but a few. Below are our Top 10 Interior Design Ideas found on Shpock.
- Renovated painted sideboards – http://shpock.com/en/used/Upcycled-quirky-cabinets-pair/West-Midlands-B38-Birmingham/?force=1
These fun and unique renovated sideboards will make any room come to life. With iconic British images and a brushed white wood effect these charming draws provided not only storage, but a great talking point too.
- Vintage filing cabinet – http://shpock.com/en/used/upcycled-vintage-filing-cabinet/Hampshire-PO12-Gosport/?force=1
It is possible to get a minimal and clean look in your home without making it look sterile and boring. Try adding pieces like this vintage office furniture to your study or neutral spaces (hallways and the like) to add extra character to potentially overlooked areas.
- Patterned surfaces and desktops – http://shpock.com/en/used/upcycled-schreiber-sideboard-dressing-table/Hampshire-PO9-Havant/?force=1
Using strong patterns on desktops, throw blankets and other covers you can easily add colour or presence to a room. This great piece has been sanded and painted jet black and stunning paper added to the top and sides, the colours in the paper are gold, black, copper gold and grey with original legs.
If you’re someone who likes bright and warm colours you’ll love this re-painted milk maids stool. Great as a lampstand or on its own.
- Upcycled wood bottle opener – http://shpock.com/en/used/upcycled-pallet-bottle-opener-3fcb4f73/South-Yorkshire-S75-Darton/?force=1
If you’re looking to make changes in a smaller way this creatively upcycled piece or cut off wood has been fashion into a bottle opener wall hanging. Why not try this with notice boards or pictures.
- Hand painted nesting tables – http://shpock.com/en/used/Upcycled-nest-of-two-tables/Hampshire-SO50-Eastleigh/?force=1
Great for saving space and looking good, these hand painted tables can work well in hallway or bedroom spaces. For everyday use or for aesthetics.
- Newly upholstered vintage chair – http://shpock.com/en/used/Newly-upholstered-upcycled-vintage-chair/Greater-London-E5-London/?force=1
An extremely beautiful armed chair like this one makes a statement in any room, but works best with wooden floors, wicker and a rustic surrounding feel.
- Upcycled guitar shelves – http://shpock.com/en/used/Guitar-shelving-unit/York-YO1-York/?force=1
Have you ever thought of using instruments in your home for anything other than music? You can pick up a cheap acoustic guitar for around £30 and a great new piece is easily achieved with some accurate measuring, wood, nail tacks and paint.
- Ceramic antler jewellery holder – http://shpock.com/en/used/Brand-New-Ceramic-Antler-Jewellery-Holder/West-Midlands-WV13-Willenhall/?force=1
Another smaller piece to add beautiful detail to your home is this ceramic antler jewellery holder. An easily mountable piece which could be equally useful to welcome you home as a key holder.
- Handmade bunting – http://shpock.com/en/used/autumn-rustic-bunting/West-Midlands-B23-Birmingham/?force=1
If you want to add a fun and fresh feeling to your home, especially in the summer months, why not experiment with bunting. Bunting has been good for centuries and adding this design classic to a crafts based environment is the perfect finishing touch.
Shpock (“SHop in your POCKet”) is the car boot sale app for beautiful things in your neighbourhood (available for iOS and Android). Items are sorted by your current location, so you can browse through a vast variety of items, discover second-hand treasures or earn some money by selling your things you no longer use.
Shpock is a boot sale app for beautiful things in your area, originally co-founded by Austrian entrepreneurs Armin Strbac and Katharina Klausberger. Since the initial launch in September 2012, Shpock has attracted 4 million users across Europe and a further 1 million users in the UK with several million items already listen on the app. These figures make Shpock (www.shpock.co.uk) one of the largest mobile marketplaces and top lifestyle apps in the German-speaking area and a rising star in British app stores.
Free download in the App store for iPhones and iPads:
Free download in the Google Play Store for Android phones and tablets:
Shpock Press Area: